Wet Scrubber Treats Nitric Acid from Dryer at Ceramics Plant
A leading ceramics manufacturing company needed to capture and neutralize hot, nitric acid emissions from a production dryer. Monroe Environmental was selected to provide a wet scrubbing system which could simultaneously cool the incoming gas temperature, control the acid fumes, and withstand the corrosive environment.
Scope of supply included:
- Packed Tower Scrubber, 304 SS construction
- High-temperature polypropylene packing media
- High efficiency mist eliminator
- Integral liquid reservoir with level controls
- Seal-less magnetic drive liquid recirculation pump
- Differential pressure gages to monitor performance
- pH controller with pH/conductivity probes and chemical dosing pump
- NEMA 4X junction box for connection to plant control system
- Fan assembly with motor and VFD
The system was rated for 26,400 ACFM.