The hoseless-type collector offered by Monroe Environmental is a more efficient design for collecting settled solids from sedimentation basins versus flexible hose collectors or fixed grid collectors.
The Monroe Sludge Collector utilizes all-rigid piping which avoids the pitfalls common to flexible hose collectors such as air pocketing, ripping, collapsing, and tangling. It also more efficiently captures the fluidized sludge than fixed grid collectors and chain and flight collectors which produce lower solids concentrations and require more dewatering than those captured from the Monroe Sludge Collector.
- Reduces the distance sludge must travel to be discharged from tank
- No in-pipe baffling/interference once sludge is collected
- Reduces the chance of clogging — improves sludge flow
- Telescoping arm with UHMW bushings does not impede sludge flow through the collector
- For smaller basins, no telescoping pipe is required
The Sludge Collectors are the perfect compliment to the highly efficient Monroe Plate Settlers for potable water treatment. The unit can also be provided separately should your plant only require a more efficient settled solids removal system.