Responsible for engineering and mechanical design of air pollution control and water treatment systems – including tanks, clarifiers, weirs, skimmers, conveyors, piping, wet scrubbers, mist collectors, dust collectors, structural supports, access platforms, and related equipment.
Engineering and design duties includes calculations (hydraulic, flow, process, weights, etc.), general arrangement schematics and drawings, PIDs/PFDs, nozzle schedules, weldment/fabrication drawings, and component selection (valves, pumps, fans, drives, motors, valves, instruments, chain, sprockets, etc.). Additional duties include vendor communication, preparing purchase requisitions, customer submittals, installation instructions, bills of material, and scopes of work for subcontractors (installation and assembly drawings, for-construction drawings), as well as reviewing customer specifications, drawings, and other related documentation.
Experience with Solidworks, AutoCAD, and other engineering/design software applications required.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances for fabrication and assemblies
- Review and modify designs to simplify fabrication and improve function of equipment to meet customer requirements
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
- Coordinate with other colleagues for process design and project completion
- Assist with compiling and editing Installation, Operation, and Maintenance Manuals
- Complete requisitions for required purchased components in timely manner to meet schedules
- Maintains communication with vendors to correctly solicit quotes for mechanical components, instruments, and services required to complete Monroe’s proposed scope of supply
- Resolves discrepancies by proactively collecting and analyzing missing or required information
- Previous experience in mechanical design and detailing, preferably in industrial capital equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field preferred
- Familiarity with the design of tanks in metal and/or plastic, piping and plumbing systems, structural steel, conveyors, motors, or instrumentation strongly preferred
- Ability to read engineered drawings, prints, and specs
- Knowledge of air handling systems and/or water treatment technologies
- Industrial processes which generate water and air pollution
- Water pollutants and properties (metals, suspended solids, dissolved solids, oils, etc.)
- Pumps, maintenance, curves, and hydraulic principles/laws
- Air pollutants and properties (acid gases, alcohols, oils, VOCs, PM, mist, etc.)
- Fan curves and laws – pressure, velocity, horsepower, and airflow
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Experience visiting industrial facilities a plus
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Work experience in a manufacturing or engineering work environment
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
(Reference HR-MD in email Subject line)