The Monroe X-Flo Mobile Clarifier is designed to be a combination of traditional clarification technologies with standard mobile water storage tanks to produce an economic means of solids separation, oil removal, and waste stream clarification on a job site. It is designed to remove settle-able solids as well as floating solids/oils from your wastewater and process liquids – something that cannot be achieved with other plate clarifier systems.
As the process stream flows horizontally through the cartridge, heavier solids settle on the surface of the plates while lighter contaminants rise on the under-side of the plates. The settled solids collect at the bottom of the tank while the floating materials are collected by an adjustable pipe skimmer and are removed from the system. An integral retention baffle prevents the separated floating material from discharging with the clarified effluent stream and aids in the use of the slotted pipe skimmer.
Clarified liquid exits the unit through the effluent box, which consists of an effluent weir, launder, and flanged discharge.
Monroe Environmental has taken their diverse application experience and applied it to a growing mobile treatment industry. We’ve adapted a tried-and-true clarification technology into a cutting edge new product that will boost efficiency and lower costs for suppliers and end users alike.
- Removal of floating and settle-able contaminants all in one clarification step
- Solids, grit, oil, and scum removal
- Co-current cross-flow principal
- Still water channels for quiescent zone to prevent re-entrainment
- Allows for speedy and efficient installation into mobile tanks
- Greatly increases settling surface area within mobile tank
X-Flo Mobile Clarifier Components
- Diffusion Wall – Stabilizes flow and dissipates velocities across to maximize settling
- X-Flo Cartridge – Increases settling area and allows for removal of settle-able and floating contaminants in one simple step — Includes: plate pack, oil skimmer, retention baffle, and adjustable mounting mechanism
- Effluent Collection Trough – Allows for take-off of clarified process liquid
- Screw Auger – Collects and removes settled solids from the tank
- Optional pre-treatment chemical addition and mixing tanks can be incorporated when required
There are many ways to get the Monroe X-Flo Mobile Clarifier technology to your job site. The complete, integrated clarifier can be sold as a stand alone system or rented on a monthly basis. If you already have existing tanks, you can just send them to us and we will retrofit with the X-Flo Cartridge for improved performance.
Monroe Environmental custom designs, fabricates, and retrofits wastewater treatment equipment all the time. We are experts. Contact an Applications Engineer today to review your requirements and we’ll customize a solution for your application and needs.
X-Flo is a trademark of Monroe Environmental.