Reverse Pulse Cartridge Cleaning
Continuous collection and removal of airborne dry dust and particulate matter (PM) with reverse pulse cleaning of bags or cartridges, allows operation without shutdown.
- Long life bags or pleated cartridge dust filters
- Broad range of dust collector filter media available
- Applications up to 350°F
- Easily install and remove dust collector cartridges
- Modular construction
- Ductwork can be provided — including evaluation, recommendations, and design
- Capacities from 500 to 50,000 CFM
- Specialty filters available for MQL machining applications
NEW! Improved Safety Features: Fire/Explosion Suppression Options
Monroe Environmental offers a wide variety of state-of-the-art features to maximize worker safety and minimize equipment damage, including fire and explosion suppression options for hazardous applications.
The Monroe Cartridge Dust Collector can also be fitted with specialty polypropylene cartridge filters to accommodate MQL (minimum quantity lubricant) machining operations, which is a highly attractive waste and energy reducing machining technology gaining acceptance in a variety of production plants.
- Backdraft damper – NFPA 69-2014 compliant
- Explosion relief valve – resealing pressure relief valve with opening detection
- Spark detection sensor – ductwork mounted single-infrared (IR) spark/flame detection sensor
- Spark arrestor – inline ductwork spark arrestor to smother and quench sparks and embers
- Smoke detector
- Sprinkler system with flow switch
- Inlet/outlet chemical suppression
- Flame retardant filters
- Spark resistant fan
- Explosion proof motor
Dust Collection System Design
The Monroe Industrial Cartridge Style Dust Collector is designed to provide continuous-duty collection and removal of airborne dust and particulate matter produced by manufacturing and processing operations at 99+% efficiency on many installations. Through the use of a Monroe Cartridge Style Dust Collector, these operations can discharge clean, filtered air back into the work area reducing climate control costs.
The Monroe Cartridge Style Dust Collector modular design incorporates high efficiency, pleated cartridge filters to achieve maximum filter surface area in a relatively small housing. The cartridges are designed to provide a low static pressure drop.
Cartridge cleaning is accomplished by reverse compressed air pulses through a few cartridges at a time, allowing continuous operation without shut-down. These reverse pulses, with a velocity of twice the speed of sound, break away caked dust from the cartridge so that it can drop the collector bottom.
Top Performance with Better Cartridge Filter Cleaning
The cartridges in the Monroe collector are mounted in a vertical position. This assures that when the collected dust is pulsed from the cartridges, it falls to the bottom of the collector.
In units with horizontal cartridges, dust pulsed from above cartridges falls onto cartridges below. This reduces filtration capability and additional maintenance for rotating cartridge is necessary. This is avoided in the Monroe unit. The Monroe cartridges are easily accessed with pull out racks when replacement is necessary.
- An AMCA rated fan on the outlet side of the collector with either a direct coupled motor or an optional “V” belt drive.
- Quiet operation. Flexible duct connections, fan mounting isolators sound attenuators and fan closures are available.
- Integral pressure gauges are available to indicate when filter maintenance is required.
- Standard dust removal is via a slide gate. Options include rotary air locks or an integral screw conveyor.
- Complete electrical controls are available to meet customer requirements.
- Heavy gauge steel is used for most installations, but special construction materials are available to meet specific applications. Welded seams and built-in lifting hooks provide rugged durability.
- Large, easy to open access doors, each with air tight seals, are provided for inspection and cartridge servicing.
- Monroe can provide complete ductwork systems from a variety of construction materials for each dry dust collector — including ductwork evaluation, recommendations, and design.
Monroe Environmental also offers baghouse and cyclone dust collectors when required. Our experience and engineering capabilities allow us to offer the most economical and appropriate dust collector design for your specific application, including high temperature and dry injection fabric filter applications for acid gas removal.