Monroe Environmental was contacted to provide an air pollution control solution to purify a nitrogen gas stream for a gulf coast chemical manufacturing plant.
The nitrogen gas contained ~12% Para Tertiary Butyl Phenol (PTBP) which was to be scrubbed and recovered from the Naphtha scrubbing solution.
Scope of supply included:
- 304 Stainless steel packed tower
- Integral liquid reservoir with baffled separation chamber, armored sight glass, level controls, pressure relief vent, and liquid fill solenoid valve
- Recirculation pump with liquid piping and valves
- High-efficiency packing media
- Spray nozzles
- Mist eliminator
- Local junction box and explosion proof control panel
The instruments and controls were rated for operation in a Class 1, Div. 2, Group C & D hazardous environment.
The system was rated to treat 180 ACFM @ 250°F.