Monroe Environmental was called upon to supply a Packed Tower Scrubber designed to remove 98% of H2S fumes from various process operations from the plant’s wastewater treatment system.
Scope of supply included:
- FRP scrubbing tower with corrosion resistant vinyl ester resin and UV resistant gel coat
- High efficiency packing media
- Mist eliminator
- (2) FRP fans – (1) operating, (1) stand-by
- (2) Recirculation pumps – (1) operating, (1) stand-by
- pH/ORP monitors with transmitters
- Chemical dosing pumps
- PLC control panel
- Instrumentation (Flow meters, DP transmitters, etc.)
- Start-up/controls integration with plant control system
The system was rated for 30,000 ACFM. Installation was completed in 2016 and the unit passed all required EPA emissions tests.
Packed Tower Wet Scrubbers
Industry Capabilities: Refineries, Chemical, and Petrochemical Plants