A gulf coast refinery expansion required additional wastewater treatment capacity to handle higher flows and pollutant loads. A custom Monroe API Oil Water Separator was selected to provide primary oil/water and solids separation prior to downstream biological treatment.
Monroe engineers worked closely with the plant’s consulting engineers to design a custom solids removal system which had no moving parts and thus reduced the potential for costly shutdowns and emergency repairs.
Scope of supply included:
- Separator tank and elevated support legs
- Vapor tight cover with connections for explosion relief and nitrogen blanketing vents
- Inlet flow diffusors
- Solids collection with no moving parts
- Oil skimming and collection
- Access platform with stairs
The API Separator was designed to treat 2,500 GPM.
Industry Capabilities: Refineries, Chemical, and Petrochemical Plants