Multi-Stage Scrubbing System for Chemical Manufacturing Facility
Monroe was contracted to supply a Quench Tower and Packed Tower Scrubber to treat HBr, HCl, and HF gas downstream of a thermal oxidizer at a specialty chemical manufacturing facility in the Midwest. The system was procured through an RTO supplier who was providing a comprehensive pollution control system for the chemical plant.
Monroe’s Scope of Supply Included:
- Quench Tower, C-276 Hastelloy construction
- C-276 sprays
- Steel supports
- Ductwork and expansion joint
- FRP Packed Tower Scrubber
- High efficiency packing internals
- Mist eliminator
- Redundant recirculation pumps
- CPVC piping and valves
- pH control and chemical pumps
- Junction Box
The system was designed for 9,000 ACFM. Monroe was on-site during installation and start-up to support the integrator and the end user.