Carbon Adsorber Exhausts Clean Room at Battery Plant
An automotive battery manufacturer was undergoing a plant expansion and required an additional VOC abatement system to properly exhaust its production lines. Ozone and other organic compounds harmful to workers needed to be extracted from a manufacturing clean room.
Monroe engineers designed a Carbon Adsorber system that could handle the additional air volume, filter the contaminants, and fit within a restricted footprint at the site.
Scope of supply included:
- Carbon Adsorber, stainless steel construction
- Mineral wool insulation and aluminum cladding
- Activated carbon media
- Fire suppression system
- Corrosion resistant AMCA rated fan
- Sound attenuator
- Stainless steel ductwork
- Industrial control dampers
- Complete instrumentation and electrical controls
- Turnkey system engineering, fabrication, and installation
The system was rated for 4,500 CFM.