A new steel tube mill required a scale separator to capture and remove solids from mill water. The unit required a drag conveyor for scale collection and also needed the capability to remove floating oil.
Monroe was selected due to our experience with heavy-duty conveyors, robust tank designs, and custom engineering capabilities. Monroe provided the separator with chain and flight solids conveyor, cover, and rope-type oil skimmer. The system was designed to meet required influent and effluent elevations for the plant’s process.
Scope of Supply:
- Coated steel separator tank with 304SS overflow weir
- Bolted aluminum tank cover
- Nozzle connections for heat exchanger liquid recycle
- Steel chain and flight drag conveyor with ramp and discharge chute
- Tube skimmer with decant tank for oil removal
- Motor controls in NEMA 4 enclosure
The system was rated for 660 GPM.
Horizontal Plate Clarifiers
Chain and Flight Sludge Collectors
Industry Capabilities: Steel and Metal Production