Wet Scrubber for H2S Removal
Monroe Environmental was called upon to supply a Packed Tower Scrubber designed to remove 98% of H2S fumes from various process operations from the plant’s wastewater treatment system.
Scope of supply included:
- FRP scrubbing tower with corrosion resistant vinyl ester resin and UV resistant gel coat
- High efficiency packing media
- Mist eliminator
- (2) FRP fans – (1) operating, (1) stand-by
- (2) Recirculation pumps – (1) operating, (1) stand-by
- pH/ORP monitors with transmitters
- Chemical dosing pumps
- PLC control panel
- Instrumentation (Flow meters, DP transmitters, etc.)
- Start-up/controls integration with plant control system
The system was rated for 30,000 ACFM. Installation was completed in 2016 and the unit passed all required EPA emissions tests.